Wednesday 22 August 2007

Walsingham.

The Orthodox Chapel.

The way into the Anglican Convent.


Shrine Grounds.

Shrine grounds.

New outdoor altar.

The Roman Shrine.

The Common Place.



St Joseph's Chapel.


Fitting humour at the Ascension Chapel.




From the lounge under my room.




I am well aware that most of my readers will have been to Walsingham, so I do not intend telling you much about it, apart from to say how busy, successful and thriving it is. There is a wonderful spirit of co operation between the Anglican and Roman authorities which makes this little corner of England feel so peaceful and blessed. Whilst no great Ecumenist, I am struck by how it is that Our Lady's shrines are so often an Ecumenical focus, look at Lourdes where we are concelebrating Mass regularly and where next year there is an even greater focus on that than usual. Look at Nettuno and Knock for further confirmation. It seems that Our Lady's prayers are indeed reaching Her Son. In a peculiar, but wonderful way, God has brought me to the world of Anglo Catholicism and it is places like Wasingham which make me very glad He did!

My soul doth magnify the Lord : and my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.
For he hath regarded : the lowliness of his handmaiden.
For behold, from henceforth : all generations shall call me blessed.
For he that is mighty hath magnified me : and holy is his name.
And his mercy is on them that fear him : throughout all generations.
He hath shewed strength with his arm : he hath scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts.
He hath put down the mighty from their seat : and hath exalted the humble and meek.
He hath filled the hungry with good things : and the rich he hath sent empty away.
He remembering his mercy hath holpen his servant Israel : as he promised to our forefathers, Abraham and his seed, for ever.